A health insurance is the need of the hour today. Almost every earning member of the family is getting a health insurance done today to give their family a financial assurance, in case something happens to them. A health insurance also protects you from unwarranted accidents or financial losses that may happen in future. A health insurance plan protects you and provides you for any unplanned medical expenses. It also bears high-cost medical check-ups and treatments for you. A heart surgery might cost you around 5 lakhs which is a very big amount for a middle class family. A health insurance will help you cover such unplanned emergencies. We already wrote article on how to get best car insurance. Health insurance is one of the type of insurance.
If you are complete new to the insurance subject then please read what is insurance and how does it work first.
To get a health insurance, you need to follow certain steps as mentioned below:
- Check online health insurance plans to have an idea of what are the schemes and policies.
- You next step would be to meet an employer offering health insurance covers. It is always better to understand the various covers included and excluded in a one-to-one conversation at a personal level.
- You must also enquire whether your job provides a health insurance benefit as many companies do that for their employees these days.
- Compare the health insurance plans of various companies and short list ones which most appeal to you.
- Always choose the plan that offers maximum health coverage and maximum amount for your treatment.
- You can also go in for Family Floater Heal Plan which covers the entire family. The premium amount for this plan is less and anyone in the family can use the health plan in case of medical treatment.
- Always consider a plan with regards to health issues that may come after 40. If you are taking a plan right now at a young age, you might go in for a lesser plan thinking that you are fit and fine but remember that your needs will increase with age. Also, consider the needs of your spouse before going for a health insurance plan.
- If you have a pre-defined illness and want to go in for a health plan, always select one with minimum waiting period. Some plans require the person to wait for 2 to 4 hours before finalizing the policy in case of a pre-determined illness.
- Consider age renewal health insurance plans too which can be renewed when you reach the age of 75 or 80.
- Read the exclusions carefully and also read the online reviews of a company’s health insurance policy to know how efficient they are before finalizing your deal.
- Also consider the network hospital. Many insurance policies are not tied up with major health centers and only offer solace in case of very few or far away hospitals.
- You should avoid using fake proof of insurance.
If you follow all these points then you may able to buy insurance at an affordable rate.
Considering all the above mentioned factors, choose a health insurance plan that not only benefits you and your family in the long run but also is very easy to access, easy to avail and fits in your budget easily.